How Well Do You Know Your Competition?
Most marketing professions are confused, my friend.
- 74% of marketing professionals affirmed a competitive analysis to be "important or very important"
- 57% admitted they weren’t very good at it.
- 40% integrate competitive analysis insight into strategy.
A competitive marketing analysis looks at how your competition markets themselves. How do they communicate about their offering and the problem they solve? What’s their unique value proposition?
Fill out this form to receive an email with an Excel template. Use it to dig down and find insights to inform your own strategies.
When you use this template, you will:
- Gain insight into your competition's unique value propositions, selling features and benefits, and overall tone and voice from a messaging standpoint
- Learn more about their company culture, values, mission and people
- Get a picture of your marketshare and theirs
- Identify keywords where you can compete
- Assess their depth of content and quality via social channels and online content
- Get a feel for their overall branding, visual identity, imagery, and how they display themselves in the marketplace
If you know [your competition] and know [your company], you need not fear the result of a hundred [internet searches]. If you know [your company] but not [your competition], for every [client] gained you will also [lose a sale]. If you know neither [your competition] nor [your company], you will [go bankrupt].
― paraphrased from Sun Tzu, The Art of War